Don’t subject yourself to tax penalties for missing important filing deadlines in 2014. Call GFS is any of these deadlines apply to you. We will help you set your deadline calendar.
- January 31 – Employers must furnish 2013 W-2 statements to employees. 1099 information statements must be furnished to payees by payers. (Deadline for providing Forms 1099-B and consolidated statements to customers is February 18.)
- January 31 – Employers must file 2013 federal unemployment tax returns and pay any tax due.
- February 28 – Payers must file information returns (such as 1099s) with the IRS. (March 31 is the deadline if filing electronically.)
- February 28 – Employers must send W-2 copies to the Social Security Administration. (March 31 is the deadline if filing electronically.)
- March 17 – 2013 calendar-year corporation income tax returns are due.
- April 15 – Individual federal income tax returns for 2013 are due unless you file for an automatic extension. Taxes owed are due regardless of extension.
- April 15 – 2013 federal partnership returns are due.
- April 15 – 2013 annual gift tax returns are due.
- April 15 – Deadline for making your 2013 IRA and education savings account contributions.
- April 15 – First installment of 2014 individual estimated tax is due.
- June 16 – Second installment of 2014 individual estimated tax is due.
- September 15 – Third installment of 2014 individual estimated tax is due.
- October 15 – Deadline for filing your 2013 individual tax return if you filed for an extension of the April 15 deadline.
Call GFS for more information or for assistance with these and other required tax filings.